Wire Harness Assembly Technician - 1st Shift
Oxford, MI 48371 US
WIRE HARNESS ASSEMBLY TECHNICIAN
Starting at $17.00/hr
Are you detail-oriented and like working with your hands? Do you have assembly or electronic wiring experience? Our client, located in Oxford, MI, specializes in low-volume, electrical harness, and cable manufacturing for the automobile industry and they are looking for Wire Harness Assembly Technicians. Don’t have a lot of experience? That’s okay, they will train the right candidate. The pay rate is starting at $17.00 based on experience; Work schedule is full-time, Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM with one hour paid lunch. Once hired, this company offers benefits, paid holidays, vacation pay, and retirement contribution.
- Duties would include but not be limited to the following:
- Routing wires, cut and solder wires, assemble systems
- Install various components
- Track and identify wires, provide inspection on their completed work
- Labeling wires, reading instructions, and interpreting schematic diagrams
- Assembling components
- Modifying and repairing wires
ROLE OF THIS POSITION:
- Read Assembly Drawings
- Read and interpret drawings listing all the parts and subassemblies of a certain product. The drawing identifies the different components and materials and provides instructions on how to assemble a product.
- Stripping the wire ends using wire strippers to ensure proper connections.
- Bind cables or wire together using cable ties, conduit, cable lacing, sleeves, spot ties, cable clamps, or straps.
- Apply Soldering Techniques
- Use Electrical Wire Tools, such as wire strippers, crimpers, soldering irons, torque wrenches, and heat guns.
- Operate semiautomatic assembly equipment comfortably
- Carry Out Measurements of Parts.
- Ability to use tape measure, squares, levels, fixturing tools and other required hand tools and power tools
- Meet Deadlines, ensure operative processes are finished at a previously agreed-upon time.
- Self-motivated inpidual who can work alone or in a small assembly team
- Maintain clean, organized workspace Hours
Why work for Qualified Staffing?
- We offer a fantastic benefits package to all of our employees. This includes healthcare, vacation/holiday pay, and 401K! In fact, these are the same benefits that we offer our Corporate employees!
- Applying for one job with Qualified Staffing is like applying for hundreds of jobs all at once!
- We respond to every job applicant within 24- 48 hours.