Winder Operator/Machine Operator
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment? We are seeking full-time machine operators for 2nd shift for a local paper company. There is a potential to be hired on full-time after 90 days. Apply now to schedule an interview today! . Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing orders and cutting rolls of paper to client specification
- Operating a machine
- Reading a tape measure and following measurements
- Computer skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Preparing machine for production
- Regulating machining by setting and adjusting controls.
- Maintaining winder by observing operations; detecting malfunctions; inspecting parts; securing all guards.
- Resolving production problems by altering process to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional instructions if needed.
- Informing supervisor when supplies (i.E. Tape, banding, stretch film, cores, core plugs, headers) are low.
- Enforce all safety and processing procedures.
- Maintain a clean and safe work place in accordance with standards.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Machine Operator experience - Preferred
- Must have steel-toed shoes