Gordsonville, TN 38563 US
The Welder/Fitter I is responsible for fabricating machinery per our client's prints.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Welds components per given welding specifications.
- Builds quality products using all information supplied by Engineering in a timely fashion and satisfactory to quality specifications.
- Follows all quality control guidelines to ensure products are built to print.
- Adheres to all safety protocols and company policies.
- Responsible for aiding in own self-development by being available and receptive to all training made available by the company.
- Plans daily activities within the guidelines of company policy, job description and supervisor’s instruction in such a way as to maximize personal output.
- Responsible for keeping own immediate work area in a neat and orderly condition to ensure safety of self and co-workers. Will report any unsafe conditions and/or practices to the appropriate supervisor and human resources. Will immediately correct any unsafe conditions as the best of own ability.
- Responsible for the integration of CNI Core Competencies into daily functions, including: commitment to integrity, knowledge/quality of work, supporting financial goals of the company, initiative/motivation, cooperation/relationships, problem analysis/discretion, accomplishing goals through organization, positive oral/written communication skills, leadership abilities, commitment to Affirmative Action, reliability/dependability, flexibility and ownership/accountability of actions taken.
- Promote and encourages a culture of compliance with all applicable rules (federal, state, local, Federal Acquisition Regulations, Code of Federal Regulations, Prime Contract requirements, etc.) for themselves and the company as a whole. Fosters an environment in which they will report any violations or reasonably suspected violation of CNI policy, FAR, and/or CFR and are comfortable discussing the myriad compliance, conflict, FAR, CFR, etc. issues that arise during the performance of a government contract.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGRISTRATION
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Skilled in facilitating teamwork and coordinating efforts for the successful achievement of goals.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints.
- Solid customer service skills with ability to develop professional relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to effectively manage multiple projects, priorities and deadlines.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to apply basic math principles including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and piding in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable inpiduals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. Work performed in an office, mechanic shop or in the field. May be required to lift objects up to 50 pounds. Frequently required to grasp, grip or apply pressure to an object with the arms, hands, fingers and palm, while holding an object in the hand. Frequently required to lift, raise or lower objects in a vertical direction, particularly heavy or bulky objects. Moving objects backward, forward, in or out in a horizontal direction, particularly heavy or bulky objects. Pulling, exerting a steady backward, downward, upward or outward force against an object - jerking, plucking, wrenching, stretching, towing, drawing, dragging or tugging objects in a sustained motion. Pushing, pressing against something with steady forward, downward, upward or outward force - shoving, pushing, compressing, squeezing, mashing, packing, pressing, jamming, compacting, or squashing objects in a sustained motion. Uses hand and power tools. The ability to see and distinguish colors, to visually distinguish shapes and patterns, to accurately sense distances (depth perception), to accurately see objects and detect motion at wide angles (peripheral vision). Frequently uses the lower extremities and back muscles and moving on foot, particularly for long distances. May have exposure to indoor/outdoor adverse weather conditions. Frequent exposure to noise - workers must wear protective hearing equipment or frequently shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. Exposure to pollutants or allergens which can adversely affect the skin and/or the respiratory system such as gases, smoke, odors, mists, fumes, dust, chemicals, oils or solvents. Exposure to hazardous working conditions including moving machinery, electricity and/or working in high places. The job requires the use of protective equipment such as hard hats, respirators, aprons, gloves, special clothing, safety shoes and safety glasses.
For more information or to schedule an interview, give us a call/text today 931-303-0026.
Qualified Staffing Cookeville
620 S. Jefferson Ave.
Cookeville, TN 38501
Why work for Qualified Staffing?
1. We offer a fantastic benefits package to all our employees. This includes healthcare, vacation/holiday pay and 401K! In fact, these are the same benefits that we offer our corporate employees.
2. Applying for one job with Qualified Staffing is like applying for hundreds of jobs all at once!
3. We respond to every job applicant within 24-48 hours.