Lake Orion, MI 48362
- Set up welding based on the specifications of the job
- Read and interpret blueprints and/or drawings to determine the specific welding requirements
- MIG/TIG weld steel, aluminum and Invar 36 components based on the specifications of the blueprints and /or drawings
- Repair broken or damaged parts
- Fabricate and revise fixtures, jigs, gauges, hand appliances and special tooling and components
- Keep work area clean and organized and take proper care of all equipment and facilities
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Completion of a one year certificate program in welding from a college or technical school; or one year related experience and / or training ; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Steel, aluminum, and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Steel, aluminum and/or Invar 36 preferred
- Experience with MIG and TIG welding strongly preferred
- Ability to lift heavy items up to 60 pounds consistently
- Knowledge of machines and tools
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, calipers, and tape measures
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22.C.F.R is required
- Ability to effectively handle tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work varied shifts, overtime, and weekends when necessary
- Has confidence in leading processes, projects, and looks for opportunities.
- Ability to work with management team to help drive performance of location
Working conditions described here are representative of those that may be experienced by an employee on a daily basis while performing the functions of this job.
- While performing duties of this job, employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, and airborne particles.
- The employee maybe exposed to vibration
- The employee is occasionally exposed to caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- May be required to work weekends to meet department and business demands
- Work with safe manufacturing processes and understand that eyewear is mandatory in the manufacturing area.
- Knows that safety shoes are recommended in the manufacturing area
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to see, talk, hear, touch, feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to frequently walk and stand for short periods of time
- Must be able to lift and move up to 35 pounds, occasionally lift and move objects up to 50 lbs.