Grand Rapids, MI 49525 US
Location: Grand Rapids
Weld metal components together utilizing GMAW (MIG), GTAW (TIG), and brazing processes to fabricate or repair products such as metal stampings, welded assemblies, machine parts and plant equipment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Weld metal parts together using welding or brazing processes.
- Performs related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes, and increases size of metal parts.
- Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
- Follows company policies and procedures to ensure compliance to internal requirements and external requirements (Example: IATF 16949)
- To perform the job successfully, an inpidual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge.
- Use of Technology - Demonstrates required skills.
- Communications - Keeps others adequately informed.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an inpidual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable inpiduals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
AWS, ASME or API Welder Certification