Lake Orion, MI 48362
The CWI is responsible for inspecting 100% of the structural welds performed and ensuring compliance with company's procedures and customer requirements.
- Performs a variety of welding and grinding inspections on a variety of materials and parts
- Verify and ensure that appropriate welding equipment is used for the work and that equipment has the capability to meet appropriate requirements of the work
- Ensure compliance to customer requirements
- Maintain records of all customer approvals, approved processes and procedures
- Document all weld failures per the quality management system
- Review weld mapping on various types of engineering layouts for structures
- Provide quality control and quality assurance of products delivered to established specifications
- Read and comprehend project specifications and drawing
- Provide project status reports
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Current AWS CWI Certification or ability to become certified with 60 days
- Minimum 3 years' experience in manufacturing environment, specifically in weld/fab positions
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22.C.F.R is required
- Knowledge of aerospace manufacturing processes, quality requirements, etc
- Ability to read and understand the American Welding Standards (AWS) and customer specific standards regarding welding
- Working knowledge of blueprint reading
- Knowledge of standard welding symbols and requirements
- Knowledge of GD&T Symbols and terminology
- Strong verbal and written communication skillls
- Very high attention to detail
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines
- Ability to effectively handle tasks in a fast paced environment
- Able to work varied shifts, overtime and weekends when necessary
- Has confidence in leading processes, projects, and looks for opportunities
- Ability to work with management team to help drive performance of location
Working conditions described here are representative of those that may be experienced by an employee on a daily basis while performing the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, and airborne particles
- The employee may be exposed to vibration
- The employee is occasionally exposed to caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- May be required to work weekends to meet department and business demands
- Work with safe manufacturing processes and understand the eyewear is mandatory in the manufacturing area
- Knows that safety shoes are recommended in the manufacturing area
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to sit, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
- Must be able to see, talk, hear, touch, feel and reach with hands anad arms
- Must be able to frequently walk & stand for short periods of time
- Must be able to lift and move up to 35 pounds, occasionally lift and move objects up 50 lbs.
Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee reference check, criminal background check, and drug screening.
This position requires use of information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen. U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder')