Oshkosh, WI 54902 | Warehouse
Immediate opening. This is your opportunity to work for a company that has been a trusted leader in the metal industry since 1926. A full steel service center offering a wide variety of coil processing and manufacturing services. Now in the 4th generation of family ownership.
- Locate material and if necessary move the material to the appropriate area using equipment such as a forklift or overhead crane. Must be able to push, pull, or lift up to 75 pounds of material. Product in excess of 75 pounds must be moved either via team lift or use of the appropriate device(s). Ask you supervisor if there are any questions.
- Load material onto truck trailers via forklift or overhead crane. Must properly space and arrange material for optimal delivery sequence.
- Verify material to confirm correct items are placed on trucks according to manifest and weight.
- Load materials in such a manner as to ensure proper weight distribution and to ensure that material will reach the customer destination in a safe and presentable manner.
- Complete associated paperwork in accordance with company guidelines. Complete the order on the mainframe computer system by banding the order and accurately entering required information.
- Prepare shipping tags using the department computer or by completing the tag manually if necessary.
Shift: 3rd Shift
- Ability to read and understand measuring tools and equipment such as a tape measure, calipers, and micrometer.
- Ability to safely operate overhead cranes and stacker equipment.
- Knowledge of the binding equipment and how to use it properly.
- Ability to perform math including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of fractions, as well as convert fractions to decimals or vice-versa.
- Ability to recognize and interpret colors according to the company’s classification system.
- Knowledge of general shop procedures and rules including safety precautions.
- Ability and willingness to cooperate with co-workers and work as part of a production team.
Why chose Qualified Staffing to help you with your job search?
- Job coaching
- Resume writing assistance
- Interview coaching
- Tips to succeed on the job
- Wage/benefit client negotiating
All of this and never a fee to you for all this job search assistance!
Over 80% of our jobs are temp-to-hire or direct hire. Apply today and see the difference Qualified Staffing can make in your life.