Oxford, NC 27565 US
Do you have tool and die and machinist experience and looking for a new opportunity? Our client in Oxford is looking for you!
The Tool and Die maker has the responsibility to craft dies and metal tools. In this role, you will be required to interpret design schematics, cut and shape dies, and assemble the completed parts. Testing the performance of the completed product, and maintaining quality, safety, housekeeping, and productivity standards are also essential to the position.
General Purpose/Expectation of Job:
Tool and die makers are precision metal workers who craft tools and metal forms for stamping and forging operations. They analyze design specification, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, and fit and assembles part to fabricate and repair metal working dies, cutting tool, jig and fixtures, gauges, and other manufacturing equipment.
Machines, tools and Equipment Used:
Milling machine, lathe, heat treat, hand tools, power tools, welder and torches, safety glasses and ear plugs, Hand tools, drills, taps and grinders
Lead steel, tool steel, brass, wood, plastic, glass, wire, pipes, oils/solvents/soaps & Additive, paint
- Follow lockout/tagout procedures to maintain equipment safely.
- Read blueprints, sketches, or computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) files
- Set up, operate, and disassemble conventional, manual, automatic, and CNC machine tools
- Align, secure, and adjust cutting tools and workpieces - monitor the feed and speed of man=chines
- Turn, mill, drill, shape, and grind machine parts to specifications - file, grind, and adjust parts so that they fit together properly
- Measure, examine, and test completed products for defects - test completed tools and dies to ensure that they meet specifications
- Smooth and polish the surfaces of parts or products, tools and dies - present finished workpieces to customers and make modifications if needed
- Compute and verify dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of work pieces
- Perform other duties as required
- Must be able to hear treat parts to print requirements
- Must be able to read blue prints
- Must be able to operate and setup Milling machines
- Must be able to operate and setup Lathes
- Self-motivated with ability to work with limited supervision
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance
- Intermediate computer skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to identify and distinguish color and have good peripheral and depth perception
- 5 years Machine Shop experience required
- Or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position
Apply at www.q-staffing.com
For more information, you can call or text 919-556-1201.
Walk-ins are always welcome!
934 Durham Rd., Ste E
Wake Forest, NC 27587
Why work for Qualified Staffing?
- We offer a fantastic benefits packet to all of our employees. This includes healthcare, vacation and holiday pay, and 401K!
- Applying for one job with Qualified Staffing is like applying for hundreds of jobs all at once!
- Weekly pay
- Referral Bonuses
- We respond to every job applicant within 24-48 hours.