Vance, AL 35490
- Performs difficult repair activities, for example, steering column repair or exchange, engine repair or replacement, advanced electrical repairs and diagnostics.
- Determine needed repair activity and perform repair.
- Perform standard part replacement and capable to complete actions by following the action SMP.
- May be required to lead small groups of other technicians without pay adjustment.
- Soldering skills
- Able to read wiring diagrams
- Broad base of knowledge about how vehicle components work and interact as well as the ability to work with electronic diagnostic equipment (STAR Diagnosis) and computer based reference material (Workshop Information System).
- German Meister title or equivalent (e.G. US-MB trained technicians) or minimum 5 years in repair area.
- Experience with CANBus
- Experience with STAR Diagnosis and Mercedes-Benz Workshop Information System (WIS).
- Experience with the Automatic Data Processing (ADP) workshop management system.
- Experience with ASRA Labor Time Guide, STAR Tech Info, Enhanced Diagnostic Assistance Center (EDAC).
- Familiarization with Mercedes-Benz function groups, damage codes, failure types, and part numbers.
- Valid US driver s license.
- Certified Alabama Safe Driver Course (or equivalent).