Byron, GA | Technical
Must have knowledge and experience in technical writing and editing of USMC Technical Manuals. Must be able to correctly interpret amended source data provided by a technical data engineer and accurately edit intermediate, field, and depot level technical manuals. Must be knowledgeable of MIL-STD-38784, Technical Order General Style and Format. Must be able to assist with assembly sheet development for printing instructions and production/labeling of delivery media. Responsible for production of a timely/quality contract. Must be able to utilize provided hardware and software to update existing and develop new technical data and illustrations. Must have a working knowledge of applicable military standards and specifications.
- Reviews engineering drawings and other source data relative to operational, maintenance, and service of equipment.
- Edits, standardizes, or recommends changes to material prepared by other writers and illustrators.
- Draws sketches to illustrate specified materials or assembly sequence.
- Interfaces with USMC and other contractors as required.
- Continues to build the technical strength of the group in order to support future program needs.
- Possesses and maintains an active security clearance, if required.
- Travels in support of technical manual conferences, meetings, reviews, validations, verifications, and other technical manual related activities; travel may be both CONUS and OCONUS.
- Provides support and data as requested for administrative purposes and in support of the ISO certification.
High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associate Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience in a related field preferred.
Minimum 2 years’ experience reading, interpreting, editing and writing technical manuals in compliance with TMCR and military specifications. Must have experience with all styles of manuals, such as operations, field maintenance, Repair Parts and Special Tools List, etc. Familiarization with USMC tech manuals, material qualification & acquisition systems, and USMC maintenance policies & programs.
Competent in Microsoft Office Programs. Ability to communicate effectively.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as MIL-Spec’s, schematics, technical data packages, modification packages, and drawings. Position requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Work is primarily in an office environment; noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Required to perform some work tasks in a standard shop environment where moderate noise levels may be encountered due to shop tools.