Owosso, MI | Manufacturing
Monday through Friday, 6:30am – 3pm. Overtime as needed.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervise production employees in a manufacturing environment: assign work as directed, work with production control to determine flow of parts, follow company policies and procedures, and recommend improvements in production methods.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
Demonstrate safe workplace practices. Monitor and enforce safe practices of all employees.
Follow production schedule and assign job duties to production employees.
Perform layered audits.
Perform daily visual inspection. This includes visual inspection for any type of fluid leak(s).
Employee Relations; monitor work performance and recommend personnel changes. Provide coaching and development strategies. Perform employee new hire orientations and standard operating procedures.
Train employees how to inspect parts. Ensure each employee knows what to look for and how to check using attribute or variable gages.
Monitor and track employee’s skills on cross-training matrix.
Plan over a 30-day time span and prepare action plans to achieve results.
Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
Effective communication with co-workers from all Departments.
Manage departmental performance measures including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to management.
Problem analysis and resolution.
Monitor absenteeism and enforce attendance policy. Recommend write ups and present to personnel as deemed necessary.
Adhere to proper Housekeeping.
Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
Reporting to this position are:
Hourly employees within the Production Department
Physical environment/working conditions: This position is in the factory and could involve sitting, standing, walking and lifting for long periods of time throughout the day. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds as needed.
- Productivity- Hourly Reports submitted by Team Leader. Track percentage of target rates by machine on hourly basis.
- Safety- Quantity of safety ideas submitted and implemented. Safety suggestions recorded by Human Resources.
- Turnover- Retention of Clark and Staffing employees will be tracked by Human Resources.
- Quality- Number of Quality Rejections. Rejections recorded by Quality Department.
- Percentage of Employees Cross-trained- Measured by Cross Training Matrix
Education, prior work experience and specialized skills and knowledge:
Must have High School Diploma and minimum two years of experience in a Manufacturing environment. This position will be required to perform basic math. Computer literate. Ability to work as a team player. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities. Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Medical (Blue Care Network), Vision and Dental (Guardian)
- Direct Deposit or pay cards. Full access to check stubs online
- 6 paid Holidays (after achieving 1200 hours)
- One week paid vacation after one year (after achieving 1500 hours)
- 401K (after one year)
- Disability coverage (short term and long term)