Charlottesville, VA 22901 US
Tax Accountant - DIRECT HIRE - Charlottesville, VA
- DIRECT HIRE
- Salary: 60-70k Exempt
We have engaged in a search on our exceptional and reputable clients behalf for an dynamic Tax Accountant to join their team!
If after review of the job description and details below you feel you hold the skills and qualifications for the role - and would be interested in hearing more - Please apply or contact Dawn directly at 248.820.9304.
The Tax Accountant has the overall responsibility to deliver the following:
- Demonstrates knowledge and support for standards, policies and procedures, confidentiality standards, and code of ethical behavior.
- Performs analysis and reviews agency tax notices; provided by third party administrator to ensure appropriate remittance.
- Liaison with third party vendors and corporate for completing forms and documentation
- Maintaining various tax tracking logs
- Receive, track and distribute mail timely for tax deadlines
- Maintenance of company profiles within the ADP tax system
- Work with state agencies for notification of closures, mergers, name change and refunds
- Assist on various tax department projects
- Responsible for updating PeopleSoft with current rates/codes and notifying AD
- Supports tax audit
- Reconciles the quarterly Statement of Deposits from third party administrator
- Scan SODs, tax documents, notices etc. - and perform any research necessary
- Responsible for internal set up of company state tax table and external third party vendor
- Assist Tax Support with the set up of tax location codes
- Perform on cycle balancing weekly, in addition to analyzing the Tax 010 report
- Responsible for the processing of the MWR set up file during quarter end
- Manage all refund checks from federal and state agencies
- Responds to inter-department, business unit, and vendor inquiries and request
- Assists with preparing and maintaining departmental procedures
- Handles all resolutions of local tax notices if third party administrator can’t process
- Ensures all employees subject to local taxes are set up correctly
- Responsible for quarter end activities involving Unemployment rates, Payroll Error Spreadsheet, and SSA
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Significant college coursework in Accounting, Math, Business or work experience in related field.
- Thorough understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel.
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Detail-oriented and meticulous accuracy
- Demonstrates good customer service skills
- Successful working in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks within strict time deadlines
- Evening hours required periodicall
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in accounting or a related field.
- A minimum of three years of progressive experience in general or tax accounting.
- PeopleSoft experience.