Verona, VA 24482
Designs and develops new products and product improvements by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Develops solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope.
- Under supervision, gives limited advice and analyzes information within a specific function for others within the organization.
- Under the close guidance of experienced engineers, evaluates, analyzes, and makes recommendations on products, designs, and cost improvements to improve the competitive position of the company.
- Procures materials needed to construct prototypes and participates in the design engineering of new models.
- Supports the planning and development of test programs for prototypes.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if designs meet functional and performance specifications.
- Assists in analyzing, evaluating, sourcing, and coordination of the procurement of new materials to support model changes.
- With direction, analyzes, evaluates, and recommends cost improvement ideas through product, vendor, and design changes.
- Performs technical analysis of competitive products.
- Provides support to sales and marketing on product presentations and customer literature.
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.