Verona, VA 24482
- Designs and develops application software and provides systems support by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participates in designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting application software.
- Applies generally accepted programming standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation.
- Analyzes the performance of hardware and software interfaces and identifies alternatives for optimizing the usage of computer resources.
- Provides assistance and routine consultation to users in the development of application software.
- Implements tools and facilitates text formatting and file conversion and transfer.
- Installs and supports electronic printing systems, including type font development, management, and documentation.
- Installs software and user utilities for modifications and upgrades of operating systems and workstation environments.
- Acts as liaison with manufacturers and vendors of software and application products, especially with regard to problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Plans and executes software version upgrade releases and custom interfaces.
- Works with others to develop alternative system and software designs.