Supply Chain Manager
Appleton, WI 54913 US
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER - Appleton, WI
- DIRECT HIRE
- Salary: 80-110K
This position is responsible for the daily management of a Warehouse/Distribution Center. Responsibilities include managing the salaried and hourly staff, safety performance, inventory management, on-time in full/service management, quality of work, and meeting established budgetary guidelines. The role requires an experienced “hands-on” supply chain leader that is able to drive results and change through people in a fast paced, short cycle and demanding customer fulfillment environment.
- Coaches the Distribution Center team to reach their safety, quality, service, productivity, on time shipment/delivery, and inventory accuracy goals.
- Optimization of site labor and space, full and broken case picking management.
- Evaluate service and distribution projects including warehouse design/layout, picking methodologies, productivity, inventory management, manpower and workflows.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health and safety legislative requirements.
- Develop and implementation of best practices such as systems integration and optimization, inventory management, and picking methodologies and technologies.
- Helps to establish and implement capital projects to deliver site optimization plans to maximize revenue opportunities and/or lower costs.
- Consistently meeting daily customer fulfillment objectives in a high mix/high volume setting.
- Build a top performing operational team and instilling a culture of accountability, results and flexibility in order to meet/exceed customer fulfillment expectations.
- Interview, hire and maintain appropriate staffing levels; Encourage and administer appropriate professional development and training.
- Protect company assets through the proper management of asset files and adherence to company policy with regard to information security and management.
- Directs all activities related to inventory control and accuracy. Manages the Cycle Count program for the site to ensure all parts are counted according to schedule and properly accounted for and root causes of errors are identified and corrected.
- Ensures all policies and procedures necessary for adequate inventory control are in place and followed accordingly. Works with internal and external auditors to ensure all audit requirements are met/exceeded.
- Maintains oversight of all site transactional data to ensure inventory integrity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- ERP experience; SAP experience required.
- Strong computer skills, especially in Excel
- Capacity to build relationships internally and externally, solid oriented leadership skills
- Strong communications skills (both oral and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills are required
- Ability to develop and maintain a strong team
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, or Operations Management preferred.
- 5-7 years of site management; distribution center management preferred.
- Previous union experience a plus.