Cartersville, GA 30120
We are currently seeking applicants for our Substitute Paraprofessional positions with a local school system in the Cartersville, GA area.
This is a great opportunity to get exposure with a highly rated school!
• Instruct assigned classes according to specific instructions provided by the school / lead teacher
• Understand teaching methodologies and daily schedule of each class
• Monitor students in accordance to directions provided by lead teacher
• Present a positive role model for teacher by engaging in appropriate behavior and conversation with them
• Create a classroom environment conducive to learning a wide variety of concepts
• Observe students for signs of distress or behavior issues and attempt to handle the situation immediately
• Assist in imparting lessons by providing needed logistical support to the lead teacher
• Encourage students to set and maintain standards of appropriate behavior within the classroom
• Guide students in classroom assignments and activities both individually and in groups
• Collect teaching materials and arrange them appropriately for use by the lead teacher
• Keep bulletin boards and classroom displays up to date and assist in checking notebooks and assignments
• Assist young students with washing up and toilet routine and encourage them to eat their lunches
• GED or High School Diploma
• 21 years of age or older
• Ability to pass a Fingerprint background check
*If you have further education (i.e. GACE Certification, 60 Hours of college credit, College Degree) it could help you move into a long term position if available.
Sub work consists of being available when needed. We use a sub system that enables automation and for you to have the ability to choose the days you can work.