Shipping & Receiving Associate
Cartersville, GA 30120
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Promote a safe environment following state, federal and company safety standards.
- Provide positive people oriented work environment, designed to build morale.
- Responsible for inventory control.
- Work with sales in releasing daily orders.
- Contact freight companies about scheduling shipments and deliveries.
- Checking orders to ensure 100% accuracy.
- Ensure outbound shipments are process and ship as requested.
- Ensuring the use of correct packaging and labels on shipments.
- Responsible for warehouse inventory location accuracy.
- Inspecting freight upon arrival, documenting any signs of damage, and resolving freight claims in a timely manner.
- Ensure all inbound freight is received daily.
- Responsible for all inbound freight stocked in a timely manner.
- Keep track of shipping supplies including pallets.
- Ensure aisles and shipping area is clean and free of debris at the end of the shift.
- Responsible for the completion of the forklift and JLG daily inspection sheets
- Team members observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, and safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Work overtime as needed to complete orders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Must have supervision experience in shipping and inventory control.
- Good interpersonal skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills are necessary with experience with G Suite (Google Doc, Google Sheets, Gmail).
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to resolve conflicts.