Youngsville, NC 27596
Job Title: Shift Leader
Shift Supervisors are responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of the Production Staff related to the operation of printing plate manufacturing equipment. It is a first line supervisory position of 5 to 8 employees, in a fast paced environment.
Hours: 7: 00 AM - 7: 00 PM Monday - Thursday or Tuesday - Friday
The duties and responsibilities of the Shift Supervisor include but are not limited to the following:
1. Directing the work of employees assigned to operate the production lines (Grainer Operators, Coating Operators, Converting Operators, Packers).
2. Performing the function of production line employees whenever necessary.
3. Facilitating the manufacturing objectives set out for the Production Department.
4. Coordinating personnel assignments with production schedules.
5. Leading root cause analysis to identify, and solve production problems.
6. Keeping an up-to-date Manufacturing Log, which includes a breakdown of down-time, and scrap.
7. Initiating work orders for routine, and preventive maintenance.
8. First responder in the event of a hazardous materials/waste spill.
9. Implementing company policies with workers and enforcing safety regulations.
10. Initiating or suggesting plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
11. Analyzing and resolving work problems, or assisting workers in solving work problems.
12. Maintaining a clean, and orderly work environment.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Effectiveness at verbal and written communication.
Analytical problem solving skills.
Mechanical/technical aptitude with proficiency in math and computers.
Results oriented decision maker.