Senior Tax Associate
Troy, MI 48084
Come work for a company that has a culture based on hard work but also having FUN!
This is a DIRECT HIRE position that will offer you a flexible schedule (except during tax season, of course), 401K, business casual dress, and a great health benefit package.
The Audit Associates we are looking for will have the opportunity to work as a member of an engagement team serving a diverse client base of industries such as manufacturing, construction, dealerships, governmental and non-profit, wholesale and distribution, retail, restaurant and more.
They offer diversified experience in public accounting providing employees with many opportunities to grow, develop, and advance within their careers. Senior Audit Associates oversee engagements from start to finish, offer guidance to less experienced associates and interns, and interact with clients on a day-to-day basis.
- Work as a member of an engagement team serving clients in industries such as manufacturing, construction, dealerships, governmental and non-profit, wholesale and distribution, retail, restaurant and more.
- Participate and lead all phases of an audit, including planning, control analysis and testing, substantive procedures, as well as identifying and assisting clients with issues and reporting.
- Preparation and review of financial statements, work papers, audit programs, etc.
- Reviewing and analyzing client internal controls
- Identifying and resolving client issues
- Communicating with clients on a daily basis
- Work closely with clients and associates to develop client and project risk assessments, implementations, and recommendations.
- Maintain active communication with engagement team and clients to manage expectations, deadlines, and deliverables
- Preparation and review of financial statements and management reports.
- Present new ideas and improvements to current processes and tasks in order to achieve firm and departmental goals.
- Train new and less experienced associates on firm technology, processes and procedures.
- Review the work of less experienced associates and provide guidance/mentorship to assist them in developing technical skills.
- Seek opportunities to participate in business development and begin to build network of referral sources.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA License
- *Minimum of 3 years of current experience in audit practice with a Regional or Big Four firm *
- Experience performing financial, operational, and system audits is desired
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lead others to meet the needs of clients and firm
- Demonstrates patience to train and coach those with less experience and can adapt to different learning styles of others
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- ProSystem Engagement experience a plus
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology platforms
- Ability to travel up to 30%