Senior Quality Inspector
Fenton, MI 48430
Are you an experienced Quality Inspector/Auditor?
Our client in Fenton is looking for well-experienced inspectors to join their Quality Department.
Temp-to-hire OR Direct hire position. 1st Shift, 8am to 4:30pm, Mon - Friday.
GREAT BENEFITS OFFERED!
96 hrs of Vacation Time (Prorated at Date of Hire)
401k with 50% match
$100 reimbursement on PPE requirements
Medical & Prescription Drug Coverage
Dental & Vision Coverage
Short Term & Long Term Disability Coverage
Flexible Spending & Dependent Care Accounts
Conduct inspections of components, assemblies and surface finishes with the use of a variety of precision measuring instruments (CMM, gauges, scales and all normal inspection tools generally used on a surface plates) for conformance to customer and organization specifications. Function as back-up for Quality Assurance activities.
Essential Duties & Accountabilities
- Utilize and comply with the Quality Management System
- Interpret engineering prints and confer with Management, Quality or Engineering staff if questions exist regarding appropriate quality standards.
- Verify specified dimensions of product with company documentation.
- Provide reject documentation of defective parts to QC and Engineering Manager and process associated documentation and reports (1st article, non-conforming, material review etc.).
- Inspect first run parts and assemblies.
- Seek assistance from Engineering, Machine Shop or Quality personnel when necessary.
- Check that all prints have suitable tolerances and dimensions for correct part functionality.
- Assist Quality Assurance associate with Final Inspections as needed.
- Expected to handle items that may weigh up to forty pounds
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to quiet.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; Graduation from certified technical school.
- Work Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in a Machine Shop environment. (Using the normal devices used to create a precision detail, verifying print tolerance and dimensions.)
- 2-3 years experience in Quality Control function in manufacturing environment preferred.
- Basic computer operation. Skills such as Excel, Word and Visual Manufacturing (ERP system) software.
- Ability to read and comprehend in-depth engineering prints, specifications, surface finishes and inspection instructions.
- Exceptional mathematical aptitude
- Broad knowledge of inspection procedures and techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of coordinate measuring machine (CMM) operation and programming
To be considered for this opportunity, please complete an application at www.Q-Staffing.com!
If you have immediate questions/concerns - please reach out at (810) 230-6944.