Troy, MI 48084
DIRECT HIRE POSITION; APPLY TODAY!
- Work as a member of an engagement team serving clients in industries such as manufacturing, construction, dealerships, governmental and non-profit, wholesale and distribution, retail, restaurant and more
- Participate and lead all phases of an audit, including planning, control analysis and testing, substantive procedures, as well as identifying and assisting clients with issues and reporting
- Preparation and review of financial statements, workpapers, audit programs, etc.
- Reviewing and analyzing client internal controls
- Identifying and resolving client issues
- Communicating with clients on a daily basis
- Work closely with clients and associates to develop client and project risk assessments, implementations, and recommendations
- Maintain active communication with engagement team and clients to manage expectations, deadlines, and deliverables
- Preparation and review of financial statements and management reports.
- Present new ideas and improvements to current processes and tasks in order to achieve firm and departmental goals
- Train new and less experienced associates on firm technology, processes and procedures.
- Review the work of less experienced associates and provide guidance/mentorship to assist them in developing technical skills
- Seek opportunities to participate in business development and begin to build network of referral sources.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA License
- Minimum of 3 years of current experience in audit practice with a Regional or Big Four firm
- Experience performing financial, operational, and system audits is desired
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
- Ability to lead others to meet the needs of clients and firm
- Demonstrates patience to train and coach those with less experience and can adapt to different learning styles of others
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- ProSystem Engagement experience a plus
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology platforms
- Ability to travel up to 30