Cartersville, GA 30120
Qualified Staffing in Cartersville is currently seeking candidates for Special Education Paraprofessionals for a local school system in the Bartow County area. This position is considered a full time/long term position through the school year. Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as an assistant in the classroom; being prompt, dependable, and regular in attendance.
- Work cooperatively with teachers and administrators.
- Assist with the supervision of students while promoting activities to enhance the social, emotional, intellectual and physical development of students.
- Maintain the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as expected of the teacher.
- Perform tasks assigned by the principal or lead teacher.
- Operate and maintain classroom equipment
- Applicants preferred to have at least an Associate s or vocational degree.
- Applicant is preferred to have had at least 1 years 11 months experience.
- Applicant must be at least 21.
- Applicant preferred to hold a Regular driving license.
- Applicants preferred to hold Paraprofessional Certification.
- Applicant is required to have language skills in English at Native or bilingual proficiency level.
- Applicant must either have 60+ hours of completed college credit or a passing score of the GACE test.
- Applicant must be 21 years or older.
- Applicant must be comfortable working with and supervising special needs students.
- A criminal background check will be required on applicants