Oshkosh, WI 54902
Immediate opening. This is your opportunity to work for a company that has been a trusted leader in the metal industry since 1926. A full steel service center offering a wide variety of coil processing and manufacturing services. Now in the 4th generation of family ownership.
- Load equipment with product using the overhead crane and/or forklift in order to prepare the equipment for an accurate cut.
- Prepare saw to cut material by programming the computer to customer specifications.
- If necessary, tack weld material to prevent pieces from falling out of the bundle.
- Measure material before and after the cut to ensure compliance with customer specifications.
- During the cutting process, monitor equipment and clean the work area by sweeping floor, rinsing metal chips off product, etc.
- Hand grind material after cut if needed and remove metal chips from the material using an air hose.
- Accurately complete the necessary reports after inspecting and measuring the cut product.
- Perform preventive maintenance as needed including (but not limited to) changing the saw’s blade, air filter, etc.
- Complete assigned duties in accordance with safety policies and practices. This includes regard to individual safety, the safety of other employees and the safe use of equipment in the workplace.
- Communicate with previous shift as to work in process and priority of work orders to be completed during the next shift.
Hours: Friday - Sunday 6am - 6pm (work 36 hours and get paid for 40 hours)
- Previous manufacturing, saw operation and/or machine operation experience is preferred.
- Ability to read and understand measuring tools and equipment such as a tape measure, calipers and micrometer.
- Ability to safely operate overhead cranes with related equipment and forklifts.
- Ability to perform simple math including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of fractions, as well as convert fractions to decimals or vice versa.
- Ability to recognize and interpret colors according to the company’s classification system.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds, as well as lift and move heavier objects with the assistance of cranes, forklifts, or another employee.
- Must be able to pass company math and blueprint test.
Why chose Qualified Staffing to help you with your job search?
- Job coaching
- Resume writing assistance
- Interview coaching
- Tips to succeed on the job
- Wage/benefit client negotiating
All of this and never a fee to you for all this job search assistance!
Over 80% of our jobs are temp-to-hire or direct hire. Apply today and see the difference Qualified Staffing can make in your life.