Rubber Injection Molding Operator - 2nd Shift
Imlay City, MI 48444
Do you like the sleep in? We are looking to fill a 2nd shift position in Imlay City.
*Duties and Responsibilities:*
- Operates Double Shuttle machine.
- Prepare to take job over from preceding operator.
- Operate machine according to set standards.
- Load and unload machine at specified times.
- Trim parts to set standards.
- Assure that parts are stacked in boxes properly.
- Responsible for the maintaining of a safe, clean and organized work area along with any secondary machinery.
- Responsible for keeping accurate production and down time records, including the operator logs & production charts.
- Inform supervisors when machine is running out of control, excessive scrap.
- Attend training classes you are scheduled to attend.
- Take attribute studies when needed.
- Comply with the management operating systems procedures and instructions.
- Follow all work and safety rules.
- Responsible for wearing appropriate personal protection equipment appropriate for the job.
- Operate Secondary Machinery.
- Ability to communicate with QA in case a need arises to review a part or quality issue.
- Responsible for meeting production teams goals for quality, throughput, and operating efficiency.
- Communicates and works cooperatively with co-workers.
- Make suggestions to improve the operator procedures.
*Knowledge and Skills* (typically required of the position)
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Color Blind Test
- Must be able lift, reach, and pull 10-30 lbs. Frequently and 50 lbs. Occasionally.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, lift, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to read, understand and verbally communicate work instructions.
- 1st Shift Hours: 7 AM - 3: 30 PM (For training, 1-2 weeks)
- 2nd Shift Hours: PM - 11: 30 PM