Rate Traffic Analyst
Verona, VA 24482
_Summary: _Analyze loads and carriers to consolidate and save money and reduce risk of damages. Plans multi-stop and single-stop loads with analysis to reduce cost and mitigate potential damage. Reviews and processes claims for inbound and some outbound freight. Works OS&D with all carriers and communicates findings to help educate people on issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Carrier cost analysis-regular analysis of carrier cost to audit and to record performance.
- Consolidation of freight-working with customer service, receiving, purchasing, and shipping to ensure all loads are considered for possible truck load consolidation and checking weight and volume against cost for LTL vs TL to make sure we are shipping product the most cost effective way possible.
- OS&D (Overage, shortage, damage)-logging carrier issues and internal issues, working with carriers to lower cost of transfer of goods, and working on ideas to minimize the inefficiency of OS&D.
- Claims.-keeping spreadsheets, tracking progress, distribution, customer assistance.
- Past due follow-up-manipulate spreadsheets and work to find all picks or orders past due and get them out the door to work towards on time shipping goals.
- Problem solving-working on a variety of issues that come up with freight loads, special equipment, unusual requirements, cost effectiveness.
- Research data-keeping tabs on the carriers and doing cost analysis monthly to review the contracted costs and audit carriers.
- Performance reviews on all carriers and internal research for billing issues.
- Customer Service-work with customers, sales reps, and internal people to help with issues on loads, with carriers, or on business processes.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Team Work - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively.
- Cost Consciousness - Contributes to profits and revenue .Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Inventory software; Order processing systems; Manufacturing software and Database software.
Certificates and Licenses:
- No certifications needed
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Peripheral vision. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand.