Lapeer, MI 48446
Tests and inspects products at various stages of production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains gage calibration system
- Gage repair and maintenance
- Inspects first pieces
- Bench sign off for start of production
- Issues gages to the production floor
- Performs floor round inspections - 2 daily
- Inspects incoming material
- Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, or characteristics.
- Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Part containment and quarantine disposition
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
- Prepares graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience using calipers, micrometers and attribute gages.
- Blueprint reading (GD&T Preferred)
- CNC Machining experience preferred language ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Math Ability:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software; Inventory software and Manufacturing software.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
Apply at www.q-staffing.com and select Lapeer as your servicing branch
Email your resume to Lapeer@q-staffing.com and include the words "Quality Technician" in the subject line
Call or text our office to schedule an appointment to apply
Check out our Facebook page!