Grand Rapids, MI 49503 US
Primary role is to assist the Quality Manager in customer complaint resolution, non-conforming material control, internal and external corrective actions, supplier development & monitoring and maintaining ISO/TS16949:2009 conformance.
- Issue and tracks supplier corrective action.
- Evaluates supplier requests and review supplier PPAP submissions
- Assist with document control to maintain conformance with the ISO/TS16949:2009 standard.
- Visit customers on an as needed, proactive basis; negotiate settlements with customer on quality issues
- Assist with the maintenance of the calibration system for product and process instruments. Perform calibration or outsourcing of calibration. Update the ERP system as required.
- Backs-up Quality Manager in the event of absence.
- Completes assigned corrective action activities, in a timely and effective manner.
- Develops and maintains APQP documentation for core quality documents and inspection instructions
- Work with cross-functional teams on Advanced Product Quality Planning and in the development of new/existing products
- Coordinate, prepare and implement new/current program fixtures/gauges builds
- Actively participate in the PFMEA’s development
- Prepare and update the Control Plan documentation
- Plan and prepare PPAP submissions on new/modified products
- Evaluate quality issues facilitating and reporting results of 8D meetings
- Organize and follow-up with third party sorting, if required
- Participate in training of team members when necessary
- Review dimensional reports, perform statistical studies, report data and facilitate problem solving
- Create/update Procedures, SWI, and Visual Aids
- Follow-up daily on customer websites and update as required
- Perform other duties as required
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. minimum. Associates degree in technical field – Preferred combination of education and experience. Post-secondary graduate with a technical diploma or a certificate in Quality Engineering (CQE)
- Three to five years proven experience and/or training or a combination of experience and education.
- Knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning, Production Part Approval Process submissions, Flow Diagrams, FMEA’s, Control Plans, Statistics, Statistical Software Minitab and fixture development
- Must have GD&T knowledge as well as basic algebra and a working knowledge /use of statistical data.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct root cause analysis using various problem solving techniques
- Knowledge and experience with ISO/TS16949:2009.
- Must be able to make quality decisions based on defined customer requirements as well as assist team members in the prevention of production and shipping non-conforming product.
- Ability to read and understand work instructions, company policy handbook and other communications.
- Must be proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Windows environment along with intermediate skills with MS Word and Excel
- Preferred Plex or similar ERP system experience.