Belleville, MI 48111 US
- Create and maintain company quality documentation such as reports, manuals, and procedures all in compliance with record retention policies and procedures.
- Respond to customer concerns by analyzing failures and recommending, driving, and/or monitoring corrective and preventive actions.
- Investigate quality problems and apply sound technical judgment to aid in root cause problem solving (i.e.: 8D, 5 Why, etc.).
- Act as company representative while interfacing with the customer.
- Collaborate with all internal departments.
- Assist with maintaining current TS and Q1 certifications.
- Deliver training to floor personnel to build quality awareness.
- Ensure quality policies and procedures are followed and conduct quality inspections of materials, products, and processes to comply with relevant requirements in the quality management system.
- Drive quality improvements on the production floor.
- Conduct quality audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audit findings reports, and determining proper corrective and preventative actions.
- Understand part characteristics and required process controls to achieve them.
- Address non-conformances in materials, process and product using root cause analysis and implementing corrective and preventative actions.
- Utilize statistical tools to analyze and drive towards problem solutions.
- ISO/IATF Lead Auditor Certification preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical, and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Experience with MiniTab helpful.
- Proficiency in Blueprint reading, print interpretation, and part measurement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing and assembly plant equipment.
- Organization and planning skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Position requires the employee to have minimum of 5 years of Warranty or Supplier Quality Engineering experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Bachelor of Science in Engineering preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate quality problems and apply sound technical judgment to aid in root cause problem solving (i.e.: 8D, 5 Why, Ishakawa).
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills to effectively lead, motivate, and facilitate others in group situations.
- Organization and planning skills. Ability to manage multiple programs and projects.
- Quality engineering experience required.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office, MIMS, etc.)
Criteria/Conditions (specific background and skills)
- Work is performed in a manufacturing plant which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see.
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy to heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the course of the workday.
- The employee will be required to use all personal protective equipment provided by the Company in compliance with OSHA regulations, including lift harness, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety foot wear, and as needed rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and other protective equipment as required.