Quality Engineer - DIRECT HIRE!
New Albany, IN 47150
Quality Engineer - DIRECT HIRE POSITION; APPLY TODAY!
Quality and Engineering, as assigned
The Quality Engineer provides the quality assurance support to the assigned program, part, or area to ensure that the product is built in accordance with customer and company quality requirements while maintaining production flow. SCOPE: Internal. Internal quality cost management, as well as performance of checks on materials and goods.
External (within company): Interacts with mold shop and assembly operators, supervisors and managers to assure the production of quality products.
External (outside company): Interacts with the customer (s) and supplier (s) to assure customer satisfaction.
- 1. Internal quality cost management and continuous improvement. Implement continuous improvement based on cost savings less internal quality cost plus external quality cost.
- 2. Customer complaint and RMA management, with the ability to implement same day short term corrective actions, and long term corrective actions.
- 3. Quality management of new product introduction, and coordination of quality specifications with inspectors, supervisors and manufacturing engineers.
- 4. Quality management of engineering changes, and coordination of quality specifications with inspectors, supervisors and manufacturing engineers.
- 5. Implementation of special projects.
- 6. Effectively communicate with the customer(s) internally and externally.
- Reports to the Quality Manager.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Education: Four year college degree or four years experience in quality inspection or quality engineering, ASQ certification as a Certified Quality Technician or any combination of education or experience that would create equivalency.
- Experience: Experience necessary in the plastics injection industry. Experience in quality control in a manufacturing environment is highly desirable.