Quality Control Technician - 1 year contract
Milwaukee, WI 53203
We are seeking a Full-Time Lab Technician to work in the Quality Control Department of our facility in Milwaukee, WI
Job Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Following standard operating procedures (SOPs), to perform analyses and methods accurately and reliably.
- Understand and properly use laboratory equipment and methods relevant to the work area.
- Use basic microbiological principals, including aseptic technique, to perform testing required for process control and finished product approval.
- Prepare media for culture growth and microbiological testing.
- Record, calculate and enter data in the following: laboratory notebooks, SAP, etc.
- Perform routine instrument maintenance and calibrations.
- Schedule, request, and execute the QC inspection tests. Record, review and enter data; note & report anomalous observations.
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory.
- Develop an understanding of production processes and product.
- Maintain confidentiality and accuracy of appropriate documentation.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible to protect their own health and safety by working in compliance with established safe working practice.
- Initiative and Teamwork
- Participate in QC departmental meetings, projects, and teams (e.G. Safety, Quality, etc.).
- Fill in for other laboratory personnel as needed.
- Perform job duties in a manner that supports site Quality, Safety, and Environmental Policies and regulations, and contribute to improving results in these areas.
- Follow all laboratory safety rules and good housekeeping practices.
- Perform other duties assigned by Manager.
- B.S. (or equivalent) in Microbiology, or closely related field with no additional experience necessary, OR, AA degree in physical, life, or related sciences with 2 years experience preferred.
- Computer literate; SAP experience preferred.
- Knowledge of aseptic technique, cGLP, and cGMP.
- Demonstrate internal customer focus.
- Good organizational and coordinating skills.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of scientific research methodology.
- Knowledge of the use and maintenance of laboratory facilities and /or equipment.
- Possess manual dexterity and visual acuity necessary to perform duties as outlined.
- Experience working with hemocytometers and fungal spores for enumeration is preferred.
Starting pay for this position will be $20-22/hr