Quality Control Lab Tech
Port Huron, MI | Manufacturing
Quality Control Laboratory Technician (1st Shift)
Reports To: Quality Systems Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs and verifies QC laboratory testing (such as shear testing, tensile strength, hardness pycnometer density, carbon content, rheometer testing, etc.)
- Prepares samples for metallographic etching and microstructure analysis for qualifying sintered and heat-treated parts.
- Liaises with qualified external laboratories for verification and analysis of chemical composition of raw materials and sintered parts.
- Trains other QC laboratory technicians in proper equipment use.
- Performs review and approval of QC laboratory test results on shipping documentation.
- Maintains records and reports formal test results and nonconformity findings to quality and production supervisors for corrective action as needed.
- Maintains standard practices per written operating procedures to ensure a high quality laboratory environment.
- Supports company policies and procedures, goals and objectives, and maintains good manufacturing practices.
- Minimum requirement of a high school diploma with at least 2 years of experience working in a mechanical or chemical test laboratory.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have good computer skills (word, excel) and a working knowledge of basic statistics.
- Ability to stand to perform job functions for extended periods of time.
- Must be safety-driven and have an appreciation of material handling requirements.
Hourly rate will be determined from skills and experience. Starting Range is $14 -$15/hr