Put Away Technician
Front Royal, VA | Warehouse
Overall Responsibilities / Position Purpose:
The Put Away Technician processes finished foam rolls from the production line into the finished goods warehouse. The Technician is responsible for accurately labeling, scanning and staging the rolls for further processing. Attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to work without direct supervision are key factors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Operation of material handling equipment to include fork trucks, Raymond reach fork truck and battery changing equipment.
• Safely handle all assigned equipment.
• Verify products are properly labeled, packed and visibly meet all defect, telescoping and other quality standards.
• Move, stage and scan material to appropriate locations
• Move and stage production scrap foam
• Pull material for secondaries locations, ensuring material flow prevents down time
• Housekeeping and general cleanliness of all assigned areas in the Plant to maintain a safe and orderly environment at all times.
• Work independently with minimal direction
• Properly prioritize assigned tasks in the warehouse to complete all jobs on time, paying particular attention to the needs of Production secondary operations and packaging needs.
• Interact with other technicians, area leaders, Supervisors and other personnel as needed to ensure a safe working environment exists in which we can produce quality product to sell.
• Understands and follows all Safety Rules as established by management.
• Actively participate in team safety meetings.
• Reports all safety and equipment incidents promptly
• Behave in a professional manner and maintain good attendance.
• Ability to recognize when various situations exceed training and knowledge levels and communicate with peers and leadership to obtain necessary help to solve problems.
Skill & Qualification required:
• Ability to lift 60 lbs. on a repetitive basis
• Ability to push/pull 1500 lb. using wheeled cart
• Able to work 12 fixed work shift and mandatory overtime
• Ability to work in hot or cold and sometimes dirty environment.
• Ability to stand on concrete floors for long periods of time – may be up to 12 hours or more.
• Ability to drive fork truck in backward direction for long periods of time.
Education & Experience required:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Fork truck experience helpful but not necessary
• Some Computer Skills required
The Put Away Technician will work a fixed 2-3-2-2-3-2 fixed schedule.
The Put Away Technician will report to the Material Control Coordinator