Flint, MI 48504
Don't miss this great Purchasing Agent opportunity at our client who's sole objective is to enrich the lives of our youth and provide them with technical and career training.
- Manages the purchasing/procurement function through planning, budget control and appropriate staff training.
- Procures goods and services
- Selects services and vendors
- Assists the F&A Director in budget preparation and control.
- Prepares purchase order contracts, subcontracts, lease/rental agreements and consultant contracts for services, equipment, repairs and rehab projects, preparation, distribution and maintenance of all PRL.
- Develops and maintains a qualified vendor list
- Monitors vendor adherence to quality standards
- Leads bidding process
- Practices superior customer service and communication,
- Motivates and manages staff to work effectively, creates a supportive work environment, recognizes staff accomplishments and proactively addresses staff performance concerns.
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or higher
- 3-5 years of experience
- Computer literacy