Novi, MI 48377
PROTOTYPE SEAT TECHNICIAN
Serves as an advanced prototype specialist, independently evaluating products and processes to provide recommendations within an area of expertise. Supports the development, evaluation, and verification of new and existing products, concepts, processes or tools when needed.
- Consults with engineering personnel and management to provide recommendations in the development of new products and processes.
- Generates working concepts and models based on written and verbal direction. Concepts and models are developed at the craftsmanship level set by the program team.
- Creates set ups and fixturing required to evaluate operation of working designs.
- Consults and collaborates with engineering, plant, design personnel and customer to meet product requirements and objectives.
- Communicates effectively with the project team, customer, supplier, manufacturing, and quality communities in resolving product issues and achieving product objectives.
- May require evaluation of products at customer and plant locations with little notice.
- Utilizes knowledge of current procedures, regulations, customer requirements and best practices to assist in evaluating the product to engineering requirements which supports the following: product quality, safety, cost, reliability, timing, and manufacturing feasibility.
- Independently prioritizes the completion of tasks and resolution of issues to ensure compliance to program deliverables.
- Inspects components and related fixtures from vendors and production to ensure conformance to engineering schematics, standards, and specifications. Develops solutions to resolve issues of non-conformance.
- Supports critical design reviews when requested.
- Provides robust design methods to eliminate prior campaign failure modes. Where a campaign is initiated, provides technical leadership to resolve the issues.
- HS Diploma or GED and Job Shop or Trade School background
Experience / Skills
- Four (4) years of experience minimum.
- Normally will require experience as a class "A" machinist or sheet metal fabricator.
- "Hand Forming" experience is required.
- Proficient with tube bending, brake press, lathe, and wire bending.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize the following equipment independently: drill press, lathe, mill, MIG and TIG welding equipment, and precision measuring equipment.
- Demonstrated blue print reading skills.
- Must demonstrate exceptional problem solving and viable concept development skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate significant involvement in the development and implementation of an innovative concept (product or process).
- Knowledge of government and OEM specifications in area of expertise.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully coordinate and complete multiple tasks within and across departments to meet established and changing deadlines.
- Strong communication skills: verbal and written.