Grand Rapids, MI 49503 US
SUMMARY:This position coordinates the activities and employees of assigned work area / machine under the direct supervision of the shift supervisor, in association with the Plant Manager.
- Manage assigned work area and injection molding machine operators by providing direction, coordinating operator activities and assigning work duties.
- Verify work area set-up is correct prior to start of manufacturing.
- Process setup and startup of jobs.
- Verify mold profiles. Completing process verifications.
- Troubleshoot and make process changes assuring acceptable product is manufactured.
- Review all process changes outside of documented process parameters with shift supervisor for final approval.
- Complete production orders for the assigned areas on time; with direction from shift supervisor.
- Assist in problem solving and corrective actions for customer generated or internal corrective actions.
- Issue tooling and maintenance work orders in Plex.
- Communicate with Tooling Engineer the need for a documented molding profile and/or necessary changes to existing mold profiles.
- Responsible for improving cycle times. Responsible for reducing scrap and downtime.
- Set-up operator breaks schedules and assists with giving breaks.
- Perform first and last shot inspections. Including controlling and maintaining these samples as required.
- Assure proper identification of all materials; includes manufactured products, hoppers, grinders and material containers.
- Verify all inspections are complete, recorded on inspection documents and within specification. Notify shift supervisor to any out of specification conditions.
- Managing 5S standards.
- Complete written shift report when supervisor not present.
- Complete any assigned and related duties as directed by management.
- Minimum HS Diploma or Equivalent
- Previous experience working as a Process Technician in a Plastic Injection Molding environment is required (Two shot & Traditional Horizonal Molding).
- Excellent Troubleshooting and demonstrated Root Cause experience.