Saint Clair, MI | Manufacturing
Job Title: Process Tech
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
Responsible for complete set-up/start-up of all assigned jobs. Will be able to repeat process, troubleshoot, and document set-up. Provide training to new process technicians. Ability to perform routine maintenance to production molds as required. Responsible to complete material handling duties when necessary.
Accurately perform process parameter checks and fill out the necessary documents for your assigned machines at start up.
Complete assigned mold changes in a timely and accurate fashion as posted on machine.
Perform start-ups in a timely and accurate fashion using proper procedures and paperwork.
· Achieve specified 95% shot weight.
· Correctly fill out Parameter Sheet.
· Correctly fill out Start-up Sheet
· Ensure the press is capable of running to the standard cycle time.
· Present first shot to the Q.A. for approval.
· Keep track of all start-up scrap.
Practice proper housekeeping practices.
· Clean up purging’s when they are made.
· Clean up any spilled material.
· Clean up parts that are left from previous run.
· Ensure that all parts are contained within the chutes and bins when the press is started.
· Remove all unnecessary waterlines from the machine and hang them up in designated areas.
· Wipe all grease prints off of the machines after the mold change is completed.
Fill out mold repair sheets as required.
· Flash, sticking sprues, water leaks, etc.
Ensure that all molds are clean and free of debris on the mating surfaces and all slides and leader pins are properly greased.
Work overtime as required by your Supervisor to complete necessary tasks unless otherwise release by supervisor.
Effectively communicate with co-workers.
· Get line-up from previous shift and give line-up to oncoming shift. Communicate problems and activities to correct them.
Complete all other tasks as assigned for safe and efficient operation of the plant.
Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
· Remove all unused and unnecessary equipment from work sites and place in designated area.
· Keep all spray cans in designated can holders. Loose spray cans must be kept in storage cabinets.
Train new Process Technicians as required using current molding techniques.
Develop and document processes as required.
· All jobs require a setup sheet for the machine they are running in.
· New setup sheets must be verified they meet set standards.
Perform samples of new and revised tools as required.
· Complete and turn in appropriate documentation to personnel designated on sample request.
Trouble shoot processes as necessary to ensure efficient job performance.
· Use 6 – step method to verify the process is running within set guidelines.
· Use methods that lead to permanent resolution.
· Include appropriate personnel as required to determine course of action to permanently resolve a problem.
Participate in 8D solving as required.
· Assist in developing means of permanent resolution to customer complaints.
Participate in the Continuous Improvement program.
· Assist in developing and implementing suggested improvements.
Key Performance Measures:
Required documentation filled out correctly.
Cycles running to standards.
Overall appearance of machines and shop floor (housekeeping).
Effectiveness of communication.
Individual job performance
Effectiveness in resolving assigned problems.
Participation in the Continuous Improvement program.
1. Reading 7 – 9th grade and math 8th grade to be determined by testing
2. Prior process/mold technician experience/cross training preferred
3. Previous material handler experience
4. Mechanical aptitude
5. Ability to lift 50 lbs.
6. Ability to supply own tools and steel toed shoes
7. Ability to obtain valid hi-lo license
8. Good performance record
9. Must be able to demonstrate competency through testing and job performance after training
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· Adheres to Company Policy and Procedures
· Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
· Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
· Communicates regularly with supervisor/management regarding continuous improvement always striving for excellence
· Never comprising our integrity in business operations or community relationships
The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to company policies.
Apply to this ad or go to www.q-staffing.com