Louisville, KY 40219 US
EHS & Process Engineer - DIRECT HIRE - Louisville, KY
DIRECT HIRE - 80-100K
Our client is looking for a Process Engineer/EHS Engineer to join their team.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for identifying and solving problems, eliminating waste, leading and implementing change, identifying and overcoming challenges, and working with others at the ground level. This will be a hands on position.
The Process Engineer will support the manufacturing operations at all three plants.
The PE will be responsible for all plant processes including metal stamping, tools and dies, powder coating, assembly, and welding; along with additional responsibilities for safety and environmental compliance and record keeping.
This engineering professional would work to ensure successful implementation of new equipment, process improvement, tooling, and new product launches. This position requires familiarity with Lean Manufacturing and Toyota Production System (TPS) principles. The ability to follow established processes and complete checklists is crucial to success in this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Continuous Improvement / Cost Improvement:
- Equipment processes: Improving effectiveness of equipment, tools, and fixtures
- Process improvements: Including Standardized work, standard rate development, defect analysis, work-flow analysis, 7 types of waste elimination/improvement
- Conducts studies to determine the most efficient sequence of operations and workflow and recommends methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel. (Recommends improvements to increase manpower efficiency and operating performance, reduce waste and delays, and promote cost control/reductions.)
- FMEA’s, Standardized work, Process Flow, Packaging, Equipment, tool and fixturing development/design, Lean Manufacturing
- Determining feasibility of new projects
- Development of production method, estimated production rates and equipment required
- Development of machine specifications for equipment.
- Identifying biggest opportunities of improvement and leading the change
Safety / Environmental
- Ensure all equipment and operations are designed to completely comply with all OSHA requirements. Specifies personnel protective equipment for all operations.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
- Develops procedures to assure continuing compliance with regulations & organization standards.
- Handles regulatory inspections/ visits;
- Completes reports for submission to EPA, OSHA or other regulatory agencies
- Conducts thorough accident investigations, property damages, with follow up corrective action
- Assists with the establishment of accident prevention measures, and plans and schedules training programs for personnel concerning all phases of production operation
- Performs EHS training, including Safety, Emergency Action Plan drills, New-Hire Orientation
- Collecting Lab results and submitting them on sites for Stormwater / Wastewater
- Monitoring and logging Outfall checklist
Plant Engineering & Layout
- Maintain plant layout drawings, utility capacity and any local or federal regulatory permits
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports
- Research, design and evaluate mechanical products, equipment, systems or processes to meet customer requirement
- Implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information about mechanical products
- Develop and coordinate all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, creating inspection plans, writing work instructions etc.
- Identify gaps in the processes, perform root cause analysis and place corrective actions
- Maintain Tool Tracking Registers
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- BS in, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and/or Occupational Safety & Health
- Strong mechanical aptitude and skill
- Demonstrated experience in fixing, designing, building, improving processes, implementing machines, tools and fixtures
- Curious, creative, self-starter, strong problem-solving skills, strong computer skills including, design software, Excel, Word
- FMEA, Standardized Work, Time Study Analysis, Quoting involvement
- Prefer proficiency with CAD software (AutoCad or Solidworks)
- Keen interest and understanding in the basics of product design and mechanics
- Understanding of machining and other manufacturing processes
- Must possess technical skills in manufacturing processes i.e. tooling, robotics and all value added operations and methods including product flow, layout and assembly and production equipment.
- Previous experience in statistics is preferred
- Previous experience working with robotics is preferred
- Previous experience with PLEX or a similar ERP system preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook skills
- Self-directed and results driven with strong leadership skills.
- Sound organizational and planning abilities with good analytical and effective problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication (negotiation) skills
- Goal oriented and able to work under pressure.
- Other Qualifying Characteristics: Team building, takes ownership, proactively and constructively confronts issues, effectively communicates expectations, delegates in an effective manner, adaptable to change, planning and execution skills, technically able to understand product and systems, coach, highly organized.
- A plus if candidate has prior experience in stamping, high volume assembly, powder paint, automotive and/or appliance manufacturing industries
- CSP certification a plus
- Ability to produce reports and develop relevant policies.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks