Process Controls Engineer
Owosso, MI 48867
Provide electrical engineering and design support for project layout design, construction, and start-up assistance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strong electrical engineering principles and design knowledge.
- General awareness of proper electrical installation
- Familiarity with ANSI, NEMA, IEC engineering standards
- Participate in the layout of the plant electrical/robotics/automation equipment taking into account process considerations, constructability, operability & maintainability of the facilities.
- Provide initial design and drawing requirements.
- Conceptualize plans, details and sections to accurately convey construction or fabrication requirements.
- Coordinate vendor drawings and develop the required information into project drawings.
- Direct designers/drafters in bid package creation.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Excellent personal organizational and communication skills.
- Able to interface effectively with field electricians, construction contractors, other disciplines and team members, and key stakeholders.
- Provide electrical consultations to clients on technical issues and electrical contracting issues.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Access & utilize Dow Most Effective Technology (MET) related to electrical transfer systems, power generation, & distribution systems configurations.
- Able to read P&IDs and transfer information into electrical design
- Stay abreast of current & emerging technology of 480V, 2300V and 13.8kV electrical distribution and industrial electrical wiring practices.
- Must have formidable understanding of Allen Bradley Processors and Control software
- Understanding of Siemens TIA portal software as well as Siemens hardware
- Strong understanding of PLC programming principles relating to operational step sequencing and I/O mapping
- Fanuc Robotics programming/troubleshooting a plus.
SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, manufacturing experience preferred but not required.
- 2+ years of experience in Controls Engineering.
- Proficient in current release of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Outlook email & calendaring.
- Knowledge in NEC, IEC, NEMA, ANSI design standards.
- Read, write and communicate using English language to perform job functions.
- Knowledge of standardized safety requirements.
- Use of computer keyboard in a proficient manner.
- Work is normally performed in an office setting. Moderate physical requirements: some walking, climbing stairs, and occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch, and able to lift 50 lbs.