Printed Circuit Board Assembly Technician
Holly, MI 48442 US
Printed Circuit Board Assembly Technician- DIRECT HIRE - Holly, MI
- Starting Pay: $29.00+ . Pay based on experience.
- 2nd and 3rd Shift openings
- For this role the candidate will not writing code,; however will be setting up machines.
- Must have SMT process down.
- This is not a Testing Technician role. You must be interested in interviewing for a PCBA Tech role
The PCBA technician will be required to troubleshoot, perform repairs in conjunction with maintenance, create programs and documentation for all SMT and/or Post-SMT equipment. They will continuously monitor all equipment to ensure the equipment runs efficiently and complete assigned tasks as required.
• Create programs, work instructions, parameter sheets, etc. for all assigned equipment
• Perform necessary repairs with maintenance assistance on SMT and Post-SMT equipment
• Update pick and place component and package parameters to ensure high yields and minimal line downtime
• Monitor processes to verify they are running efficiently and implement improvements that may increase productivity without affecting quality
• Able to inspect PCBA components and assemblies against drawings to ensure that items meet print specifications
• Troubleshooting electrical circuity and resolving or reporting concerns to management
• Associates degree in manufacturing, mechanical, software, or electrical/electronic engineering technology or 1-2 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment
• Experience with manufacturing processes
• Strong software and PC aptitude
• Ability to quickly learn and comprehend advanced systems
• Ability to predict how changes will impact manufacturing efficiencies and quality
• Knowledgeable of IPC-A-610
• Program and understand the fundamentals of board handling, laser etching, screen printing, placement equipment, solder reflow equipment, inspection equipment, wave solder equipment (including profiling), selective solder equipment, pin insertion equipment, and PCB routers (mechanical, laser, punch, v-score).
• Understanding of various consumables in the PCBA process including but not limited to solder paste, solder wire (lead-free, lead, no clean, water soluble, etc.) flux, chip bonder, and cleaning agents
• Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, mechanical, software, or electrical/electronic engineering technology or 3-5 years of relevant experience a manufacturing environment
• Experience with PCBA equipment operation and programming
• Hand soldering experience
• Certifications in IPC or an IPC trainer