Press Brake Operator
Oshkosh, WI 54902 | Machine Operator
Immediate opening. This is your opportunity to work for a company that has been a trusted leader in the metal industry since 1926. A full steel service center offering a wide variety of coil processing and manufacturing services. Now in the 4th generation of family ownership.
- Set-up and operate brakes, communicate with preceding and following shifts to successfully fabricate material according to customer specifications
- Clearly understand blueprints supplied and work with CAD department when a more defined print is required
- Help schedule maintenance for the machines, troubleshoot any minor issues, and make sure the tooling inventory is properly managed
- Perform first piece inspections of parts as they come off the brakes and spot check parts to ensure continued quality
- Use an AS400 system to complete production reports and miscellaneous paperwork
Hours: 1st, 2nd and Weekend Shifts Available
- Minimum of 1 year previous press brake operation experience preferred (Will consider candidate with a minimum of 1 year manufacturing experience and very strong math skills)
- Ability to read and understand measuring tools and equipment such as a tape measure, calipers and micrometer
- Ability to safely operate overhead cranes and forklifts
- Strong math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of fractions as well as converting fractions to decimals and vice-versa
- Ability to recognize and interpret colors according to the company’s classification system
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds
- Physical requirements include continual standing, walking, lifting, twisting, bending, climbing, stooping, crawling, and crouching.
Why chose Qualified Staffing to help you with your job search?
- Job coaching
- Resume writing assistance
- Interview coaching
- Tips to succeed on the job
- Wage/benefit client negotiating
All of this and never a fee to you for all this job search assistance!
Over 80% of our jobs are temp-to-hire or direct hire. Apply today and see the difference Qualified Staffing can make in your life.