Prepper / Builder of Paper Rolls (direct hire)
Immediate direct hire openings on 1st shift to prep and build paper rolls. Great pay and benefits that include tuition reimbursement to make yourself even more valuable to the company. This opportunity is with an international company that offers a very broad range of equipment for the paper converting industry.
- Responsible for the building process in the manufacturing cycle.
- Work assigned is based upon the individual’s training, experience and ability
- Read and interpret production schedules.
- Locate and retrieve rolls to the production area utilizing overhead cranes and various material handling equipment.
- Measure all required building dimensions and install or remove any special fixtures.
- Safely operate and maintain shop blaster equipment, industrial belt sander and other equipment as required.
- Verify finished roll sizes and wrap rolls after building per requirements.
- Paint cores according to roller specifications with bonding agent, or end-plate rolls.
- Utilize all inspection and measurement equipment per procedure and instruction.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and inspection reports.
- Experience using inspection/measurement equipment including Durometer gauges, Micrometers, Vernier diameter tapes, Dial indicators, temperature devices and others.
- Basic math including accurate addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Stand, bend and stoop for extended periods of time.
- Lift or exert up to 50lbs frequently.
- Read, write and understand English including mechanical blueprints and technical documents.
Shift: 6:30am-3pm, Overtime as necessary
Pay: $14.50-16.00 per hour depending on experience.
This is a direct hire position that includes a full benefit package.