Power Tool Master
Imlay City, MI 48444
Are you looking for a 1st shift job that is 100% hands on? Do you have experience using power tools? This job is just for you!
You will be working for a top notch assembly facility in Imlay City that is super clean.
This client wants to hire you on after 90 days of providing a great work product!
The shift time is 6 am - 4: 30 pm
Primary Functions: This position is responsible for following procedures for product assembly/fabrication, equipment operation and care. Safety requirements are to be maintained as documented in the company's quality system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions in English
- Close attention to detail
- Function with a minimal amount of supervision or no supervision.
- Set work priorities to meet production goals as scheduled per assigned department.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those in contact on a day to day basis.
- Meet minimum standards of safety per assigned department.
- Meet minimum standards of housekeeping per assigned department.
- Assembly or assist in the assembly of each component per assigned group.
- Run air and power hand tools.
- Read and interpret shop orders.
- Meet all QA and QC standards for each assembly task per assigned group.
- Ensure parts are assembled per instructions for proper appearance and function.
- Assist in training entry level employees.
- Be compliant with all the rules of conduct and attendance per the company handbook.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and verbally communicate simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations at level required for successful job performance.
- Ability to read a tape measure and read orders.
- Prior hand tool or manufacturing experience preferred.
- Computer skills, Microsoft programs
- Mathematical skills; must have good knowledge of shop math.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have general knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards.
- Be trained in Hazardous Materials Handling Operations with an annual refresher course.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.