Plant Utilities Supervisor
Zeeland, MI 49464 US
- Lead by example and ensure Team Members adhere to all Safety and Food Safety policies, addressing deficiencies as necessary.
- Possess in-depth mechanical and operational knowledge of plant utility systems, enabling you to effectively train employees and provide troubleshooting assistance to technicians.
- Establish and maintain an efficient onboarding training program.
- Train and develop utility technicians, fostering their growth and knowledge, and providing support through the Dupont training system.
- Demonstrate the ability to thoroughly utilize the current CMMS/SAP system for data entry, work management, and train other team members in its proper use.
- Provide support for technicians through preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Oversee daily stretches, safety talks, huddle meeting presentations, supervisor rounds, and provide team member support, along with daily downtime recaps to management.
- Lead or assist in completing plant audits, PM reviews, and ensure follow-up to completion.
- Collaborate interdepartmentally to meet customer needs, fostering and maintaining Win/Win partnerships.
- Initiate orders for parts/materials as needed and provide follow-up.
- Ensure adequate PM procedures/schedules to support proper equipment operation, repair, and upkeep.
- Supervise and manage employees to guarantee acceptable productivity and job performance.
- Adhere to all applicable Safety/Environmental policies and procedures while maintaining a proper safety attitude/awareness.
- Directly participate in and possess a comprehensive understanding of the company’s safety program.
- Project a positive attitude and maintain a professional demeanor as a member of the management staff.
- Promote open communication and positive working relationships with all departments throughout the facility.
- Drive continuous improvement and personnel development in both operations and personnel.
- Recommend, develop, and implement process improvement projects.
- Act as a key member of the overall facility Engineering & Maintenance organization.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend alternative maintenance support resources and services, ensuring maximum effectiveness for machinery maintenance within projected costs and schedules.
- Play a pivotal role in implementing organizational change, both technologically and procedurally, in support of the company's goals and objectives, all while maintaining the highest ethical standards.
- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent.
- Technical training in the Industrial Refrigeration field.
- 5 years of prior experience in a mechanical/refrigeration-related field, including an in-depth knowledge of ammonia refrigeration processes, equipment, and technologies. Thorough understanding of refrigeration theory and operations.
- Preferably have experience within the food processing and packaging industry. Possess working knowledge or the ability to achieve such of Utility systems such as Water, Steam, Pneumatics, Fire Protection, and HVAC.
- Experience with CCMS systems. Microsoft Office Systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to work independently and be results-oriented.