Charlottesville, VA 22901 US
Our Client is currently seeking a Payroll Specialist to join their exceptional and reputable team. As a Payroll Specialist, you will assist the payroll department with various payroll control functions, reconciliations, and year-end special projects.
The Payroll Specialist has the overall responsibility to deliver the following:
- Demonstrates knowledge and support for the GD ethos, SR’s standards, policies and procedures, confidentiality standards, and code of ethical behavior.
- Maintains a positive and professional work environment by fostering an environment of continuous improvement, creative thinking and best practices.
- Responsible for suggesting methods to improve area operations, efficiency and
service to both internal and external customers.
- Assist on any aspect of payroll processing to include:
- Assisting supervisors with analysis and troubleshooting
- Assisting Payroll Representatives with error resolution
- Review state residency forms and is a reference for entry of all local tax forms, to include PA Act 32 forms
- Review and corrects weekly Tax 900 and wage audit report and the weekly 401K overage report
- Train new payroll representatives
- Serve as back-up for all payroll representatives including processing off-cycles
- Prepare, or provide back-up in review, formatting and delivery of special files for processing. To include, but not
limited to, JIFF; Relocation; SOP; SERP & SSIP; Pay-As-You-Go pension files.
- Perform the final review, processing, and prints all W2C’s.
- Responsible for all areas of payroll for year end and quarter end processing to include:
- Reconcile YTD relocation transactions to ensure they are reported correctly in W2 forms.
- Perform balance adjustments.
- Ensure all G02 Payments-in-kind are received, processed, and reported on the W2 forms
- Provide quarter end and year end reminder calendars to representatives for stand alones and sets up
calendars when they are requested.
- Distribute information to appropriate payroll representative from the Fidelity file and Sedgwick. Ensure transactions
are processed correctly and researches errors related to these files. Maintain and update internal payroll calendar
for business unit updates, holidays and special processes
- Serve as back up for all on cycle payrolls
- Review and confirm on cycle payrolls and enter balance adjustments for taxes, earnings & benefit deduction
- Preform the post processing tasks after all payrolls have been confirmed, to include preparing and sending files to
BoA and ADP
- Prepare payroll representatives processing sheets for upcoming payroll week.
Provide query expertise to department.
- Participate in continuous improvement (CI) projects; may lead, assist, and/or collect data for continuous
- Payroll operations point of contact with implementations of new business units for payroll processing purposes.
Specific tasks to include testing, training representative, point of contact for business unit, attending meetings,
working with payroll administration on seamless transition to operations.
- Processe annual executive compensation payouts
- Serve as Quality Control back up for QC Specialist
- Serve as back-up POC for internal and external auditors, to include compiling data as requested and attending
meetings as necessary.
- Participate in projects as assigned.
- Is flexible with their weekly schedule to accommodate routine payroll processing and special payouts
- All other tasks as assigned.
Professional Qualifications Required
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Two to three years of Payroll processing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong ability to comprehend, analyze and process a variety of payroll earnings, deductions, taxes, benefits, pension plans, union dues and other related deductions.
- Capable of working independently while prioritizing multiple tasks within strict deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office specifically in Excel.
- FPC Certification or relevant on the job experience.
- Strong Analytical payroll background.
- Secondary course work in Accounting, Business or other related field.
- 5 years of Payroll processing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with multi-state payroll processing.
- Proficiency in PeopleSoft and PeopleSoft query, or other payroll system.
- Experience in training and mentoring.
- CPP Certification.