Patient Account Representative (Biller/Collector)
Rome, GA 30161
Responsible for billing and collecting on all accounts to obtain reimbursement of all charges generated from patient treatment, as permissible by contract or law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain/work all accounts from initial visit until account has zero balance.
- Responsible for billing and collecting on all accounts and to obtain accurate reimbursement in a timely manner for all charges generated from patient treatment, as permissible by contract or law, as outlined in the USPT Business Office Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Initiate phone contacts on accounts as determined by Business Office Manager.
- Responsible for completing and submitting all daily/weekly/monthly reports accurately and on time as assigned by the Business Office Manager.
- Prepare deposit or post payments/adjustments to accounts on a daily basis.
- Ensure positive public relations when dealing w/patients, referral sources, payors, and fellow employees.
- Report problems or difficulties involving patient accounts to Business Office Manager and/or Patient Account Manager. Reporting of problems should be in writing and should include suggested solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and / or Experience: Must be a high school graduate. Must have one or more years in billing and/or collections in a hospital or physician practice setting, Must have good interpersonal and organization skills.
Other Qualifications: Ability to follow directions. May be required to handle emergency situations.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee is frequently required to be mobile. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environments: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate