Grand Rapids, MI 49507 US
Our client in the Grand Rapids area is seeking a full time Painter/Loader for their 2nd shift operation. Our client is a steel supply manufacturer fabrication steel beams for large infrastructure projects from buildings to bridges.
Job Type: Direct hire
Position: 5:00am - 3:30am or 4pm - 3am
Pay Rate: $18 per hour or based on experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Overhead crane experience a must.
- Use Pieces Not Shipped list to verify the pieces to be loaded.
- As pieces are loaded, mark off the pieces on the Pieces Not Shipped list.
- Band materials, box materials, shrink wrap materials to ensure safe and easier loading and unloading.
- Cutting, carrying, and stacking of 4 x 4 wood dunnage.
- Load trailers not to exceed 45,000 pounds in a safe manor ensuring safe travel for both materials and drivers using overhead crane and lifting devices.
- Turn in Finished Left to Load list, or Pieces not Shipped list, to the plant manager, signed.
- Anything else the plant management team deems necessary for the customers’ satisfaction.
- Using overhead cranes and lifting devices or proper lifting techniques, lay out materials to be painted.
- Ensure materials are marked with proper paint colors, no paint zone.
- Sweep or blow off materials for a clean surface.
- Check paint color in pump or load the correct paint color/type.
- Spray materials.
- Flip materials by hand or by crane.
- Paint materials.
- Stack materials in staging area for loading.
- Using an elcometer test paint thickness twice per shift and write down the results on the mill thickness log.
- Anything else the plant management teams deem necessary for the customers’ satisfaction.
- 401K with employer match
1. We offer a fantastic benefits package to all of our employees. This includes healthcare, vacation/holiday
pay, and 401K! In fact, these are the same benefits that we offer our Corporate employees!
2. Applying for one job with Qualified Staffing is like applying for hundreds of jobs all at once!
3. We respond to every job applicant within 24 – 48 hours.
4. We only work with the best client companies