Packaging Material Handler
Atlanta, GA 30318 | Warehouse
The Packaging Material Handler is responsible for moving the various materials handled during packaging operations. The Material Handler reports directly to Packaging Room Supervisors and the Packaging Manager.
- Assist as required in cleaning, packaging areas and equipment.
- Assist in maintaining the room in a clean, neat and orderly manner.
- Obtain all necessary packaging components from warehouse personnel. Assist the Room Supervisor in verifying that needed components are presented and released. Clean outer containers as appropriate.
- Perform various duties assigned as described in the packaging master instructions. Assure that all operations are carried out in accordance with CGMPs and Standard Operating Procedures. Complete all documentation correctly and in a timely manner.
- Stage components in the appropriate areas for handling ease. Place components into hoppers as required to continue operations, using oldest lots first where applicable.
- Process packaged product by performing duties such as shrink-wrapping trays, packing shippers, weighing shippers and palletizing completed units as required.
- Assure that products leaving the department are stored in the proper containers, and that all materials are properly labeled and returned to the appropriate area.
- Assist in assuring 100% accountability for components, products and labeling materials.
- Assist the Packaging Room Supervisor and Packaging Manager in other areas as directed.
Email resume to email@example.com
- High school diploma or equivalent with good mathematical and counting skills.
- Must be able to perform required repetitive lifting tasks and have prior experience in forklift operation.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and extensive background check.