PCB Quality Control Inspector
Youngsville, NC 27596
To carry out the technical and Auditor responsibilities in accordance with the organization's Policies and ISO 9001: 2015 Quality System.
Key duties/Responsibilities of Quality Inspector
- With direction from the Supervisor, promote quality achievement, operational excellence and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Liaising with the Quality Team Lead to ensure the execution of corrective action and compliance in accordance with customer and/or company specifications.
- Define quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff.
- Take direction from Quality Supervisor to establish or adjust work procedures to meet IPC-A-610 & IPC-A-620 quality standards.
- Continuously strive to improve quality based on key performance indicators.
As directed, assist workers in solving work problems.
As directed, assist in the efficient implementation of quality standards, programs and processes to improve operational excellence and reduce/eliminate production waste.
Review corrective actions and provide suggestions on continuous improvements
Perform First Article and PCBA Final inspections.
In-Process inspections as required.
This position description/summary reflects management's assignment of essential functions. The summary does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.
Quality Inspector Job Requirements
- Should have at least 5 years of SMT & Thru-Hole PCBA QA Inspection experience.
Excellent verbal and written documentation and communication skills.
Time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
Must be able to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
Must be computer literate and knowledgeable of QA processes & procedures.
Ability to perform measurements and required calculations.
Ability to interpret complicated drawings and instructions.
- Work environment involves low risks or discomforts which do not require special safety precautions. Protective clothing (ESD Smocks) or gear such as safety glasses may be required.
- Work requires some physical strain such as long periods of siting under a microscope/mantis, and lifting of moderately heavy items such as racks of boards, kits and product cases. Other physical demands include crouching, bending over and reaching.