Oshkosh, WI 54902
Immediate openings. This is your opportunity to work for a company that has been a trusted leader in the metal industry since 1926. A full steel service center offering a wide variety of coil processing and manufacturing services. Now in the 4th generation of family ownership. Responsible for pulling steel material from stock and preparing material for delivery to the appropriate customers.
- Able to correctly pull the right material, package it correctly and ship to the customer.
- Restock material as needed.
- Measure/weigh material before shipping to ensure compliance with customer specifications.
- Able to successfully use the AS400, complete paperwork and complete production reports.
- Complete assigned duties in accordance with safety policies and practices. This regards to individual safety, the safety of other employees, and the safe use of equipment in the workplace.
- Wear approved personal protective equipment such as safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by a supervisor, lead person or management.
Hours: Friday - Sunday 6:00am - 6:00pm
(work 36 hours and get paid for 40 hours)
- Previous manufacturing is preferred.
- Ability to read and understand measuring tools and equipment such as a tape measure, calipers and micrometer.
- Ability to safely operate overhead cranes with related equipment and forklifts.
- Ability to perform simple math including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of fractions, as well as convert fractions to decimals or vice versa.
- Ability to recognize and interpret colors according to the company’s classification system.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds, as well as lift and move heavier objects with the assistance of cranes, forklifts, or another employee.
- Must be able to pass company math and blueprint test.
- Physical requirements include continual standing, walking, lifting, twisting with periodic bending, climbing, stooping, crawling and crouching.