Network Technician/Fiber Splicer
Staunton, VA 24401
Looking for a job where you can learn and grow? This is the position for you!
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm and on call
Full-Time Direct Hire
The overall purpose of this position is to perform preventative maintenance routines at customer sites while acting as customer service and an advocate of the company. This employee is responsible for fiber splicing, fixed wireless installations, and the troubleshooting of DSL internet. It is also the duty of this employee to perform the various tasks, duties, and responsibilities as described below.
JOB CONTEXT: Even and uneven terrain in all types of weather conditions, attics, crawl spaces, confined areas, and aloft working conditions
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Standing for extended periods of time, sitting for extended periods of time, walking, bending, kneeling, pulling, pushing, climbing and the ability to lift 50 lbs. and transport a minimum of 50 feet. Ability to work comfortably from a tower.
1. License: Valid state driver's license
2. Education: High School Degree or GED is required and Associates Degree in electronics and/or networking is preferred.
3. Experience: Five years of past experience is preferred.
4. Knowledge: Working knowledge of electricity, basic telecommunications and telecommunications cabling, Microsoft Word and Excel, basic serial and IP communications packages, FTTX services,
5. Skills: Listening skills, problem analysis, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills, advanced skills in fiber break/fix, and advanced networking skills including core router deployment, testing, and tune up.
6. Abilities: English language comprehension and expression, stress tolerance, adaptability, problem sensitivity, ability to climb utility poles, carry and handle extension ladders, ability to use step ladders, ability to climb towers, ability to work with power tools, and the ability to work with limited supervision. Ability to operate a computer. Dexterity to effectively use hand tools