Mortgage QC Analyst
Plano, TX 75024
Perform process reviews to determine level of adherence to departmental policies and procedures and business effectiveness. Develop and/or revise process reviews as needed. Identify gaps in processes and work with designated points of contact for business units to resolve issues that arise. Recommend process improvement as identified in process reviews. May participate on divisional projects and in development of departmental/divisional policies and procedures.
- Create new process monitors.
- Perform periodic validation of processes monitored and recommend necessary changes and/or process improvements.
- Proactively communicate any findings to Manager to initiate required investigations
- Send monthly results communication to Sr. Managers/customers/process owners in Operations. Own any disputes (investigate and reach agreement)
- Cross Training to perform file reviews.
- Keep abreast of regulatory, statutory and/or legislative requirements for processes
- Partner with business managers to identify root cause of defects; assist in resolution
- Understand business responses for previous results and incorporate into monitoring
- Reporting and/or Historical Trending Analysis on findings
- Participate in quarterly/annual Compliance sprints and/or attestations
- Log all files that are received by the Resolution Team Prioritize outstanding loans based on investor deadlines & duration of outstanding items.
- Verify that errors and/or discrepancies identified by Post Closer are accurate.
- Identify contacts that will be responsible for correcting errors.
- Prepare correspondence with responsible parties and borrowers to resolve discrepancies with closed loans Work collectively with other departments in an effort to resolve internally issues.
- Data Entry in Resolution Database.
- Create and maintain collateral files.
- Conduct follow-up correspondence.
- Review documentation requested for accuracy and compliance with the loan requirements File completed Resolution collateral files.
- Provide necessary documentation to Loan Servicing Department Log and track critical errors that occur frequently.
- Maintain current and thorough knowledge Closing and Post Closing Procedures.
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent 1 year experience with Quality Assurance or Audit or 2 years’ experience with Mortgage Servicing
Bachelor’s Degree 2 years experience with Project or Process Management 1 year experience with Six Sigma, Lean, or ISO Proficient with Excel/PowerPoint/Word